Mark Proudfoot is a reformed management consultant and serves as the Director of Creative Destruction Lab (CDL)-West, a seed-stage program for massively scalable, science based ventures! Since inception at the University of Toronto in 2012, ventures who have gone through the program have gone on to create over $1bn in equity value! Prior to joining the lab, Mark founded and operated a successful e-commerce venture, held a senior management role in a Fintech startup, and obtained an MBA from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia. Mark specializes in building, operating, and advising early stage companies.
Check out our conversation below!
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The powerful and undeniable benefits that the Creative Destruction Lab network provides early-stage ventures
- What Mark and the CDL team looks for in early-stage ventures in order to grant admission into the program
- The process innovators take to discovering product-market fit for the technology they have built
- How Mark deals with highly irrational people and the importance of founder-program fit for CDL
- Favourite Productivity Stack: SaneBox – email management; Trello – visual collaboration tool.
- Number one advice for near-graduating millennials: “Be patient early in your career and focus on the rate at which you’re learning more than what you’re doing or appear to be doing.”
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page. For more information on Creative Destruction Lab please visit www.creativedestructionlab.com
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.