Melissa Kwan is the Co-Founder and CEO @ Spacio, a Vancouver-based tech startup that is disrupting the real estate market with a simple and easy-to-use solution for automating visitor registration. The company has a number of established clients in the space including the Corcoran Group, Sutton Group, and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties.
Check out our conversation below!
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How Melissa made the transition from SAP to starting her first real estate tech company
- Why entrepreneurs make horrible employees!
- The challenges and obstacles Melissa faces as Spacio looks to scale in a relatively slowly-evolving industry
- Why undying persistence is absolutely critical in the lonely journey of a startup founder
- Reasons for considering starting a career in a traditional corporate environment before making the jump to start-up land
- Most Valuable Book: The Metronome Effect: The Journey to Predictable Profit
- High-Level Overview: “creating a system for yourself and your company such that you can build a model for predictable profit. Very systematic and strategic way to look at a business.”
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a note in the comment section below!
Be sure to check out my post on Why I’m Bullish on Vancouver Tech