Boris Wertz is one of the top tech early stage investors in North America. He’s the founding partner of Version One Ventures and is also a board partner with Andreessen Horowitz. Before making the jump to venture capital, Boris was the Chief Operating Officer of AbeBooks.com which was ultimately acquired by Amazon in 2008.
Check out our conversation below!
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How marketplace models have changed over time;
- The similarities and differences in evaluating cryptocurrencies versus traditional startups;
- Whether it’s necessary to have operating experience to be successful in venture capital; and
- Insight into the main differences between the operator and investor mindset.
- Most Valuable Book: Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page. For more information on Boris and the Version One team, please visit versionone.vc
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Feel free to email me at email@example.com.